Personal Injury Law
At Abouelsood & Associates, APC our goal is helping victims of personal injuries. If you’ve been injured, due to the negligence of someone else, then you should consider getting a free consultation. We can help you get compensation for your injuries. We’re your advocates, and we’re on your side. Reach out to us today,
- Auto, motorcycle, and pedestrian related accidents
- Slip and falls
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Brain/head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Nursing home abuse”
Car accidents are among the most well-known and well-recognized injury-causing incidents in the United States. More than likely, you or someone you know has been in a crash. Although the number of accidents causing death and serious injuries on U.S. roads has declined in recent years, car accidents continue to claim lives and cause life-altering injuries. But while the number of fatal accidents involving passenger vehicles has dropped, the number involving large trucks, motorcycles, and many other vehicles has increased.
Currently, car accidents claim about 33,000 lives each year in the United States, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. More than 2 million motorists, passengers, pedestrians, and motorcyclists are injured on U.S. roads each year. Car accidents can have numerous causes, and understanding what caused your accident is the key to getting the compensation you need.
What Causes Car Accidents?
Car accidents may be caused by many different actions. If you have been in an accident, review the following common causes of crashes. One or several of these may have led to your accident and knowing the cause will help you hold at-fault parties responsible.
- Driver distraction, fatigue, or intoxication
- Recklessness or deliberately-dangerous driving, including “road rage”
- Driver inexperience, including accidents caused by young drivers
- Mechanical or design failures in a vehicle or any of its parts
- Speeding or other traffic law violations
- Dangerous or badly-designed roadways
- Inclement weather resulting in wet or slippery roads or poor visibility
- Many car accidents have multiple causes or a chain of causes. For instance, slippery roads may cause one driver to slide through a stop sign at an intersection, crashing into another driver or injuring a pedestrian or motorcyclist. An untimely brake failure may prevent a driver from braking in time to avoid an accident or properly handle a too-sharp curve.
How Do I Get Compensation After a Car Accident?
After a car accident occurs, most drivers turn first to their auto insurance policies for coverage for losses suffered as a result of the accident. Many states require drivers to purchase auto insurance.
What types of coverage are available and in what amounts will depend on the insurance coverage available to each person involved in the auto accident. Common types of insurance that drivers purchase in the United States include:
- Coverage for bodily injuries suffered in an auto accident
- Coverage for property damage suffered in an accident
- “Comprehensive” coverage for damage not caused by a collision, such as weather damage or damage that results from hitting wildlife or other obstacles
- “Collision” coverage to fix one’s own vehicle after an accident
- Personal injury protection and/or medical payments coverage, to help with medical bills if an accident causes injury to the policyholder or a member of the policyholder’s family
Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, to help pay for accidents caused by a driver who does not have insurance or whose insurance limits are not enough to cover the damage
When insurance is insufficient to cover damages or when an insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith, injured drivers may need to seek compensation through legal means. Contacting an experienced car accident attorney can help you learn more about your legal options after a crash.
The Needed Help of an Attorney
No matter who caused your crash, you will face difficult opposition from at-fault parties, insurance companies, and organizations who do not want to pay full and fair compensation for your losses. Only through the skilled help of an attorney can you have the help to prove fault and your need for compensation.
Slip and Fall Accident:
A slip and fall injury is a common occurrence with thousands of claims made each year. Many victims suffer serious, life-altering injuries that can even result in wrongful death. Unlit stairwells, wet floors, and construction site defects can often have catastrophic results. You should know what to do in the event of a slip and fall accident. Consult us today to determine whether you are owed damages for the negligence of a property or business owner.
Our slip and fall personal injury experience can help you understand the law. There are many factors to consider, such as previous complaints about an existing hazard, determining negligence of a business or property owner, and determining negligence, if any, of the individual injured. These are only a few of the factors that a personal injury firm will analyze when investigating your case.
If you or a loved one has suffered from a slip and fall injury and don’t know what to do or if you still have a question that has not been answered, call us now.